B.Tech in CSENational Institute of Technology Sikkim (India)
2015 - 2019
Software Development Engineer at HackerRank, BangaloreJuly, 2019 - Present
Developing Enterprise softwares for Projects team. Owns/maintain code base for DevOps Engineers Assessment tool, built on top of AWS EC2 Instances, which is used to access candidates for DevOps Engineering role. Currently working on automated scoring for candidates.
Software Development Engineering Intern at HackerRank, BangaloreMentored by Harishankaran Karunanidhi, CTO & Co-Founder
Jan, 2019 - June, 2019
Worked closely on the payment automation using Stripe API to generate billing receipts for the Enterprise customers and send the bills to a given billing email. Implemented a method to check the browser's compatibility for statuscheck page. Migrated contests' pages from BackboneJS code to ReactJS e.g, contest projecteuler. Implemented a comment box for HackerRank’s Sourcing platform which appears to the recruiters for the candidate who attempts a recruiting test. Built an UI Icon library using SVGR which transforms given SVGs to desired React's Component, and added Babel config to compile the Components. Main stacks used are RoR and ReactJS.
Student Developer at Google Summer of Code 2018Apr, 2018 - Aug, 2018
Software Developer at coala.io Apr, 2018 - Aug, 2018 Worked on the enhancement of automated tests of coala, an open-source language independent code analysis tool, written in Python, and base class of coala-bears and its tests. Code Enhancement Proposal can be found in coala/cEPs repository. Also, created 2 bears(static analysis tools) for Ruby and 1 bear for Crystal by wrapping Brakeman, Fasterer and Ameba respectively.
Winter Research Intern at Applied Cognitive Science Lab, IIT MandiMentored by Dr. Varun Dutt, SCEE and SHSS, IIT Mandi
Nov, 2017 - Jan, 2018
Developed a solution to fetch sensors data deployed under soil and save it to the database for the Low Cost Early Warning Solution for Landslide using Arduino and 12 geological sensors. The sensors are used to collect the data values of an amount of rainfall, soil moisture, and angle variations. The data collected from the sensor triplets placed in different locations are sent to the cloud server via GSM. Created a solution to predict landslide by using z-score of total collected soil movements data and send alert to people, using SMS-PP (Short Message Service, Point-to-Point) and SMS-CB (Short Message Service, Cell Broadcast) to pre-warn the people in the areas of increased risk of danger.
Student Mentor at Google Summer of Code 2019Apr, 2019 - Aug, 2019
Student Developer at Kharagpur Winter of Code 2017Software Developer at coala.io
Apr, 2018 - Aug, 2018
Summer Trainee at Motilal Nehru National Institute of TechnologyJun, 2017 - Jul, 2017
Attended 200 hrs of training on Enhancing Skill for Enterprise Scale Application Development and built a Registration Portal for workshop registrations using JSP, MySQL, and Bootstrap.
Web Developer at Web Development Cell (WDC), NIT SikkimJan, 2017 - May, 2019
Worked with the WDC Team to develop institute’s dynamic website. The website, deployed at www.nitsikkim.ac.in, uses PHP and MySQL as initial tools and Bootstrap framework for stylesheets. I lead the Image Processing Team and maintain placement.nitsikkim.ac.in.
- Familiar - Dart Java
- Proficient - ReactJS Ruby on Rails MySQL Flutter Git Kubernetes AWS GCP Docker Unix-System (Linux & MacOS)
- Familiar - Django BackboneJS MongoDB
- Registration System for workshop : Developed a registration system along with a chat room system which has image upload and update system, using JSP, PHP, MySQL, HTML and Bootstrap.
- Google Calculator for iOS : Created a Google Calculator like basic Calculator for iOS app using Swift.
- PNR Status Checker : Created a CLI tool to check passenger name record in Indian Railway Journey, using Python3 and requests module.
- Snake Game : Created a script for snake game using Python2 and curses module.
- Abhiyantran’17 Website : A website for technical festival of NIT Sikkim.
Achievements and Awards
- Former Mentor at Google Summer of Code 2019.
- Former Software Development Engineering Intern at HackerRank, Bangalore.
- Former Mentor at Google Code-in 2018.
- Former Student Developer at Google Summer of Code 2018.
- Software Developer at coala.io.
- Former Mentor at Kharagpur Winter of Code 2018.
- Former Student Coordinator of Training and Placement Cell, NIT Sikkim.
- Former Image Processing Team Lead of Web Development Cell, NIT Sikkim.
- Active participation on online competitive coding websites - HackerRank, HackerEarth, etc. Member Handle - sangamcse.
- Selected for HackerEarth Campus Ambassador Program.
- Joint Team Member of Technical Talk at Abhiyantran 2017.
- Creativity Team Lead of Abhiyantran 2017 - Tech fest of NIT Sikkim.
- Creativity Team Lead of Udgam 2017 - Cultural fest of NIT Sikkim.